Thursday, October 12, 2017

Miss M's Command School

Boy, when Mom said we were stepping things up to prepare for my ACT testing when I go to KSDS college she meant it.  Yesterday I went to the biggest command school I have ever seen.  Miss M and Miss K's command school.   They even had special command uniforms like me.

 Our adventure actually started the evening before.  Miss M and Grandma T came over and we talked about our plan at the command school for the next day. I wonder if they teach puppy
talk ?   After our planning session we headed to the bathroom.  I knew what that meant.  Bath time.  I don't like taking baths in the house - like them outside - so I protested a little but it was three against one so in the tub I went.  Miss M put on shorts and got in the tub with me so I felt a little better.  Nice warm water and bubbles.  I smelled vanilla.

So yesterday morning we were all up bright and early.  Mom had packed everything we needed the night before so it was breakfast then out for walk.  Dad took both Avalon and I for a walk around the lake.  He made sure we did our business so no business would be done in doors.  Avalon was not going to get to go with me to command school but I told her I would tell her everything when I got home.

When we arrived I was greeted by lots of people.  I felt like a celebrity !   Everyone pitched in and helped carry our materials and my kennel to the school.  We stopped along the way to do some last minute business which Mom was sooo glad I did.  Mom and Grandma T had to check in then we headed to Miss M's command class.  There were lots of two legged kids there sitting in their command chairs.   They are lucky they don't have to be in kennels.  Mom set up my kennel in front of the room and I took in the lay of the land.  Miss M and her teacher reviewed the schedule for the day.  We had a full day ahead of us.  I was feeling a little nervous but Miss M always makes me feel confident.

 We first went to Miss K's command class.  Miss K greeted us and introduced us to her command teacher.  I think they were in the middle of some command training but stopped when we arrived.  Miss M talked about me, KSDS and puppy raising.  Next, I showed the class some of the commands I have taught Miss M.  She did pretty good.  I asked Miss M if some of the kids could pet me since they were asking so we walked around and met with everyone.  They even told us some stories about their puppies at home.

 After Miss K's class we went to see another command class.  These two legged kids were much smaller.  I think I heard the commanders say they are just starting their command college training just like I will be in about a week and a half.   I tried to asked them some questions about school but they must not teach puppy talk at this school.   After that we went to see some other two legged kids who were a little older.  I think they are in a command class that is helping them decide if they want to be Guide/Service/Facility kids because they sure asked a lot of questions.  We stopped at two other command classes before we went back to Miss M's class.

Miss M and I went up to the front of the class and Miss M talked about her adventures with me for the last year and a half.  Mom had made a video so Miss M's command teacher turned off the lights and we all watched.  It was cool to watch it.  I looked soooo small when I first came home to
start my puppy training.  I had

kind of forgotten some of the great adventures we have been on.  Mom calls then training trips but I call them FUN trips except the ones when we were just running errands.  I wish I could have stayed home with Avalon but Mom said all of these errand trips will help me when I return to KSDS for college. From watching the video we did a lot of training trips so I hope I am ready.  I hope these trips helped Miss M at her training school too ?   After the video all of the two legged kids went to have lunch.  Mom, me, Miss M, Grandma T and Grandpa D stayed in the command center and had lunch.  After lunch everyone left and it was just me and Miss M in her command room but not for long. We went to a few more classrooms where Miss M talked about our adventures.  It was cool.  Miss M and I were flying solo for the first time.  Mom is usually always with us on trips but this time she left and we did it on our own.  COOL !! Command training must be paying off for both of us !

Miss M and her classmates in her Command Classroom  :)
Thank You for a Wonderful Day of Training


No comments:

Post a Comment