Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Fall is a Wonderful time :)

I love this time of the year !!  All the new smells and cool weather.  Dad loves this time of the year too.  I think though he loves it because of Nebraska football.  We stayed home this weekend and watched the game.  It was a night game and I was having a hard time staying awake however Dad would jump up and yell when the Huskers score so I would be wide awake over and over a few times !!

Today the story the Omaha World Herald did on Mom/Dad and me at the Husker football game last week was in the paper. Mom and me are going to go to the grocery store later today to buy a few copies.  I wonder if anyone will ask for my autograph.  I know how to type on the computer but have never had a pen in my paw.  Maybe Mom will have to do the signing.  I am going to save a copy to take to KSDS Inc. College when I go back in about three weeks.  Will show my Professors I was given an A- at the game.


Last week Miss M came over and we had a wonderful play date, plus I did some command training with her.  Want to make sure she knows all of her commands before I go back to KSDS. We went over to the tennis courts to play.  That way I can make sure she is fenced in and will not run off.  You never know about those kids ?  After playing and doing one of my favorite things - JUMPING - we stopped at her grandma T's house for some refreshments.

Mom has been in the garden picking veggies.   She was canning smelly stuff again so I asked to go outside.  Us puppies have great noses and the vinegar mom uses just does not agree with me.  However, when Mom came outside she told me OFF.  I just don't understand - we work on commands "up/on" then when I do it on my own I get in trouble.  Go figure !!   It was a nice day so I stayed outside but didn't get back up on the couch.

Mom is taking me on more errand trips.  She calls them training trips now.  I call them boring.  I keep telling her to take Avalon.  She told me that she feels left out at times because she has to stay home all the time.  Mom found these purple pills that Avalon takes now that makes it so she doesn't get car sick.  She kind of gets laid back but that is OK.  At least now I don't have to smell her icky stuff in the car anymore !

 On Saturday we went camping again.  It has been awhile since we have been out.  We had to wait till Saturday to go so Dad could watch the Huskers play football Friday night.  We headed out in the afternoon and Avalon and I road with Dad.  Mom drove her car.
When we got to the camp site and set up I could not believe it.  Dad had a TV so he could watch more College football.  However, it was sooooo windy that Dad had to put it on the ground so it would not blow over.  I think Dad said "leave it" at least 20 + times.  I was trying to watch too.
 By the time Mom started dinner it was dark.  It was kind of cool being outside with the lights and lanterns.  When we went inside I did not see my kennel.  For the first time I got to sleep in the camper on a puppy bed just like Avalon.  In the morning it was breakfast in the camper.  It was raining hard outside so we hurried and did our business and came back in.  Mom had breakfast waiting for us.  We ate then she cooked breakfast for them.  Sure smelled better then what Avalon and I got but I am getting use to that.

I LOVE HUSKER football.  Hope KSDS Inc. takes time out on Saturday's to turn on the games when I am back there for school.  I think they are Kansas State fans ?   KSDS Inc. here I come in about three weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment