Sunday, April 30, 2017

I got a NEW Dog house !!

 Last weekend it rained on Saturday but we found some time to go for a weekend walk.  Dad worked with me on my jumping skills and got soooo excited when I jumped the net that I got extra treats.  I will have to tell Miss M about this.  She only gives me one.
 It did clear up later in the day so Mom and Dad did some work out on the deck getting it ready for summer.  Brought the furniture up and took the grill out.

 When Mom and Dad were inside having some lunch I decided to surprise them with a little summer decorating of my own.  However, I found out that was NOT the thing to do !!!!  Mom said some words that I can not repeat.  I don't understand why she can say them and I can't but she is the grown up and I am only a puppy in training.   I did get to spend some time in "Time Out" in my kennel until Mom and Dad were finished working which I was not too happy about.    Avalon got to stay outside with them.  I hope I remember "No Decorating" so I can stay out and play with everyone.

Miss M and Miss K were on Spring break from school so I got to spend some extra time with them. We went to see their Grandfather who is spending some time in a nursing rehab center plus visited a church chapel that was there.  Miss M said I had to be quiet and to make sure I leave my wide child outside.  Grandma T was there with us but mom ran errands then came back and picked us up.  While we were waiting we went outside for a bit to play.  There were lots of things to sniff and pretty things to look at.

Miss M came over several times that week and took me back over to Grandma T's house to play and work on commands. I have to stay on my long lead so I don't get excited and run into the street.  We did go over to the tennis courts also so I could play off lead.   Mom took me on errands that week too. The ones I like.  Short ones that we are in and out and no monkeying around.   The people at Hy-Vee sure know who I am and always say "Hi".  We do go there a lot.   Sometimes I get my space in the back of the Ford taken up with sacks so I have to just stay in one corner and watch out the window.

The weekend came again and it was a nice weekend so Mom and Dad were back out in the yard on Saturday working after we went for our walk.   Later in the day they finished getting out the cushions from the attic along with the pergola cover and the TV that Dad likes to watch baseball and football on.  I showed them how I can "go up" on a chair like Miss M tought me but found out that not all chairs are "go up" chairs.   Mom told me to get down and plus no treat !  However, Dad had treats that come in a can and I got to sip a little.  Dad said you have to be 21 to drink the treat but at my age of 7 in dog years I can sip.
It was so nice out on Sunday that Mom and Dad had their first BBQ of the season.  I remember how great it smells when they BBQ from last summer but also remembered it is only people food and not doggie food.  I was hoping Dad would drop something and I would snatch it up.  It was our old dry dog food for Avalon and I but we did get to eat it outside with them.   We stayed out till it was dark.


Last week was kind of slow.  Mom had some two legged people come and work out in the yard,  The weather here has turned back to winter almost.  Cold and rainy.  We did not get to go for all of our daily bike rides and Mom does not like to take me with her on her errands because she says I "smell" when I am wet.  However - Let me tell you about a big surprise that came on the weekend !!

Mom and Dad left on Saturday and were gone for a long time.  Avalon and I had to stay in the mud room and play because Mom does not trust me out and about when she is not here.  Before they left they said they would be bringing home a surprise for us and boy they did !!

                               A New Dog House !!

 I didn't know houses came on wheels and you could drive them around.  That is soooo cool !!   They were gone a long time because they had to even go to a special class to learn all about the new house.  There is a special place for Avalon and I to sleep and even an outdoor shower for us when we get dirty.  It is just like a house.  They told us there is a kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom and bed room.  You can cook inside and outside.


It was really raining when they got home so we only got to look at it from the  mud room.  We have not gotten to go into the new dog house yet.  It is raining really hard again today so might not get to go inside today either ??   Mom said they had planned to camp in the drive way last night and show us everything but with the rain and winter type temps we all just stayed inside and stayed warm.  They were not sure if they remembered how to turn the heat on in the new dog house.  I can say I am really excited for the adventures Mom and Dad said we are going to take but Avalon isn't so happy.  She gets car sick and might have to stay at home with a doggie sitter :(

Hello Summer - Here we come!!!

Thank you Mr. Crook for all of your help yesterday.  We will be making new Schense traditions !



No comments:

Post a Comment