Sunday, April 2, 2017

What a week it has been :)

What an adventure it was this week!  It started last Sunday with a Spa day at Miss M's Grandma's house.  I soooo love to have Miss M give me a bath and clean my ears.   Miss M wanted me to smell pretty for a presentation in her 4th grade classroom the following day.  Before I came home I worked with Miss M a little on her commands so she would be prepared.  I wanted to make sure she was ready for the next day and we would make a great team.  I am PROUD to say she did a awesome job and I left my wild child at home and was able to let everyone in her class pet me.
After the presentation Miss M had some Guide/Service Puppy activity books and special treats she passed out to her class.   The treats looked just like the ones I do command work with but not one of her classmates had to demonstrate commands to get them.  I didn't think that was fair.  However, Mom told me they were people treats that just looked like puppy treats.


Next, there was a special training session with our personal trainer Kathy but this time it was at our house.  My wild child in me seems to just get out of control when we have visitors come to the house so we thought we would work on house greeting commands.  Miss M sure got them right away but my wild child had issues.  However, things did get better when Miss M put my gentle lead on.   Not to sure I liked that but it did help me concentrate.  I heard Kathy tell Mom that I should always have this on when greeting someone then when I settle down I can have it taken off.  I must try to work hard on my greeting skills because I really don't like the lead on.



The weekend came and it was finally time for our road trip back to KSDS Inc.  It was Spring Graduation for 12 new forever teams.  Mom packed my bag and the car the night before then we got up early the next day since it is a three hour drive to KSDS.  We wanted to be there a little early to give them some donations for the puppies and salad and cookies for the lunch after graduation.  I was soooo excited when it was time to leave that Mom ask me to leave my wild child at home.  I asked myself if I could do that but was not sure it if could happen.



It was a 3 hour drive there so I decided to take a nap.  It was a good thing because it was a long and exciting day! After we arrived and put our things away we met a few of the graduates before the ceremony.  Those forever puppies were sooooo clam that I asked them what they did with their wild child ??  They told me that when you return to KSDS college they have a special evaluation for you and if your wild child has not grown up yet they send you to another school for a short time.    At this school instead of taking your college classes to learn your forever job you continue to work on commands.  I hope my wild child grows up before I go back.

After graduation there was lunch.  I was a little upset about lunch because it was only a lunch for two legged guests so I kind of made it know to Miss M that I was upset.   I even jumped up on Miss M at the table which I found out was not the thing to do.  I got a swift reprimand.  After lunch we got to go on a tour of campus.  Saw the nursery first then the four legged dorm cafeteria.  Boy, there was lots and lots of puppy food there but we didn't get any !!  It was only for the puppies in school.  We visited the dorms next then the nurse's station and beauty/spa shop.   I am glad I got to see all of this so I have an idea of what to expect when I get my turn in day letter for me to come back.  It will be an exciting day and sad day all in one !!

One of the last things before leaving for home I got to see my Mom Bailey again.  I only got to see her through the glass windows because she was in her dorm room in the nursery.   She is a barker so now I know where I get my barking from!

Happy Graduation to the 12 KSDS Inc. Spring Forever Teams !
From
Me, Miss M, Daddy, Mom and Grandma/pa 

Here is a link to the Graduation - Click on the link below
I hope you can see it !! 

(44) KSDS, Inc - KSDS 2017 Spring graduation



1 comment: