Monday, March 9, 2020

Winter in Nebraska

 Winter in Nebraska is boring !!  There are days it is snowing or ice raining or days it is sooooo COLD that we just stay in the house.  We don't always get to go for our walks around the lake just short ones to get our business done.  Mom and me have been busy setting up booths for the summer - Outlook Nebraska Vision Fair is in April, Pick a Pooch is in July and Nebraska Humane Society is in September. Mom has been talking to CHI Hospital about volunteering for pet therapy.  My two legged sister Aunna works there as a nurse.  However, before we can start we both need to take physicals, get a background check and be tested to make sure we are a good match.  Miss M will be testing too but will not be able to go with us till after her birthday in August.

My birthday was March 3rd and I am now 4 years old in dog years and 28 in human years.  No fan fare like last year when I turned 21.  Just a few extra treats.  Bummer  :(


My Dad's birthday was the next day - He got special treats and a special dinner.  We could have celebrated together ??

My Mom has been busy with my two legged sister Aunna and helping her plan her wedding.  It will be September 5th over Labor Day weekend.  I heard Dad say he is concerned about the first Husker football game being that day so hoping it is a day game since the wedding is at night.

Mom showed me some pictures of them out shopping for wedding dresses since I did not get to go along.  Mom said only two legged people were allowed.  Another bummer  :(


The first anniversary of the flood is coming up soon.  I heard Mom and Dad talking about it.  It was really a scary time with soooo many houses getting flooded here at the lake.  Mom, Avalon and I helped out as much as we could.  It has been cold here but not as much snow so hoping all is OK this year.


I am EXCITED to report that Christ the King Catholic school raised just shy of $500 for KSDS after we did our presentation in January.  They were hoping to raise $1000 to name a puppy but any money raised will help KSDS provide trained puppies to forever partners for FREE !




Happy St. Paddy's Day !!


No comments:

Post a Comment