Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Winter is here

Sorry, I have not blogged for a bit.  Something called Windows 7 became outdated and our computers were not BIG enough for Windows 10.  Not sure what that all means but Mom took away our old computers both at home and at my Dad's office and bought new ones in their place.  There was even someone who Mom called a "Geek" who came to the house and help me and Mom get everything up and running.  I think the "Geek" also went to my dad's office one day.  Things sure look different on the computer so it has been a learning curve for me.

My two legged sister -Aunna is getting married so Mom, Dad, Aunna and Drew went building shopping.  I was hoping to tag along and make sure it met my approval but that was not the case.  Mom said everyone had to sign a waiver form and wear hard hats since the wedding building was under construction.  Since I could not wear a hard hat I didn't get to go.  I heard Aunna saying she was looking for a younger person to be a flower girl and since in dog years I am only 3 1/2 I am hoping she picks me.  I already know how to carry things in my mouth so the learning curve will be short.  


It has been cold and snowy here so our daily walks have been a hit and miss lately.  Dad usually takes us in the morning before he goes to work but sometimes the sun doesn't come out early enough so we have to  wait till later when Mom says it is warmer.  We have even missed a few weekend walks because sometimes it rains ice.  Dad even slipped and fell on it and hit his head.  I heard him talking to Mom his head hurt and I was worried about him.  I sure wish Mom and Dad understood puppy talk !!

 It has been so cold here that I saw some people walking and fishing on the lake.  Mom never lets Avalon and me out on the ice.  She said it is dangerous.  I hope those people are careful.                                                                                                                             



 This week Mom told me was Catholic School week and we had been invited to do two presentations at Christ the King Catholic School.  I was soooo excited to be back working again.  Miss M, me and Mom do a lot of presentations over the summer when Miss M is out of school but not as many during the school year.  Miss M is in school five days a week and Mom told me Miss M's command training at her school takes 12 years.  My command training only took around 6-7 months after my puppy raising training.  She must have a lot of commands to learn. 

 Everyone got up early at our house so Avalon and I could get a walk in before we had to leave.  It was a drive to get there but we made it okay and had plenty of time to set up.  There were lots of kiddos - grades K-4 came first then 5-8.  After Mom and I did our presentations we walked around to almost all of the classrooms.  I think I might have had all 365 students pet me before we were done.  It was okay - I love to be the center of attention!  I even did a few more of my  commands when we were in the classrooms.  Mom told me these students command training also takes 12 years.  I just can't understand how many commands they must have to learn. Mom said I earned an A for the day!!

Mom said the students at Christ the King were raising money for my school - KSDS Inc.  Their goal is to raise $1000 so they will get to name a puppy.  I told them any amount would be WONDERFUL to help cover our tuition at school and help us be debt free when we go to our forever partners. 

Thank You Christ the King for letting us tell the story about Guide/Service/Facility Dog and how they can change the lives of their forever partners in ways we can not even imagine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment