Saturday, May 27, 2017

I am Back !!!!!!

What an adventure I have had in the last two weeks.  As I told you in my last post I had to return to KSDS Inc. because one of my litter mates was diagnosed with some hip and bone density issues.  Mom mixed up the day that I was to return so I ended up spending a few more days there then planned.

Let me tell you about KSDS College.  Even though I was just on a visit everyone was sooooooo nice to me - both the four legged college dogs and the two legged professors.  When we arrived I was introduced to all the college dogs within a few minutes.  It was play time after lunch.  Everyone came and greeted me and we all sniffed each other.   I soon learned the routine.  Morning wake up call, bathroom duties, breakfast, individual instruction, command training, lunch, play time, afternoon naps, more individual instruction, walks, some agility training and some field trips then finally dinner time. After dinner was free time. The days were very busy!

I really liked my private dorm room.  It had water on demand, toys to play with and a great bed to sleep on.  However, some of the other puppies snored at night so I had to get use to that.  Kept me up a few nights.

One day we were all loaded up in the KSDS van and off we went to the K-State Vets to have our tests done.  They gave us something that made us all fall asleep so I really don't remember any of the testing.  When we all woke up we were off to return to KSDS.


The day finally came and the KSDS staff told me Mom was coming back to pick me up.  I was soooo excited that I really could not concentrate on command training and was jumping up on the staff.   We were out for play time and I saw Mom, Miss M, Miss K, Grandma T and Grandpa D get out of the car.  I ran over to the fence but was told I would have to wait for a bit to see them. They were going over to see the puppies first.  I had heard the puppies over in the nursery and I know puppies are cute but was a little disappointed that they were there first.  I had to go back to my dorm room and wait : (
 I could hear everyone laughing and having a great time playing with the puppies.  I was jealous but I kept it to myself.  Some of the other puppies said the little ones get a lot of attention but they will soon be off to their puppy raisers and all of the attention will be back on us.


Next, I could not believe this but they went on a tour of KSDS Inc.  I had been patiently waiting for them but off they went.  It was nap time by then so the professor told me to lay down.  I could not fall asleep knowing everyone would be coming to get me soon.
A young professor named Skyler took them on the tour.  I really liked him.  He was younger then the other professors and it was sometimes his job just to play with us.

 Finally the time came and Skyler opened the door to the play area and out I ran.  There was everyone waiting just for me.  I ran up to and sniffed them to say "Hi" If they could only understand puppy talk and how much I missed them.   Miss M took me for a short walk to take a break because we would have a three hour ride to get back home.   I didn't care because I was going home !!  Avalon here I come !!!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend ! 
Remember the Men, Women and the Service Dogs before us who served our country






No comments:

Post a Comment