Friday, October 7, 2016

Summer has come to an end !

 Well, I heard Dad say Avalon and my swimming days are coming to an end.  We were out with Dad swimming a little while ago and I thought it was still warm but I could tell the water was a bit cooler then before.  I told Mom and Dad we have a coat of fur so we can take the cooler water.  I am not ready to stop swimming. Mom told me in a few months though that the water would turn hard and we would be able to walk on water instead of swim in it.  I don't know how that can be but I will watch out for it.

 After Dad, Avalon and me played in the water Mom and Dad went for a boat ride.  I was upset that I did not get to go along and had to stay in the mud room so I showed them who was the boss.  I scratched a nice big hole in the wall that somehow looked like a bird.  Avalon said I would be sorry I did that and I was.  Mom and Dad were pretty cool about it and discussed with me the consequences for what I did.  That was to spend the rest of the evening in my kennel.  I think I learned my lesson - at least I hope so.

Miss M came over and we went for a walk and over to the tennis courts to run and practice commands.  Miss M's Grandma T came too and took some real cool pictures.


The weekend came and Mom and Dad first spent time again out in the garden picking veggies then cooked most of the afternoon for a HUSKER football game at our house.  It was in the evening so all day long the house smelled so wonderful,but Avalon and I only got our same old dog food while Mom, Dad and their company got the great smelling food.  Avalon and I had to stay upstairs but we could tell the HUSKERS won by all of the noise coming up the stairs.

I did get to spend some time with Milo on one of what Mom calls a big training adventure and not just the day to day visits to the grocery store or hardware store.  It was actually Milo's first birthday.  We had a nice time walking around the Mall but when I heard it was Milo's birthday I thought for sure there would be cake and ice cream some where ??  I won't get to see Milo for a little while - He is leaving for a few weeks for training at another person's house.   Most of my training has just been the same old day to day stuff lately so I hope maybe sometime before I go back to KSDS Inc. I get to go to another person's house.  However, I heard Mom talking with Milo's Mom about some special training adventures when Milo gets back.


Another weekend came and this time Mom and Dad left for Lincoln, Nebraska where the HUSKERS play their football games.  Avalon and I had to have a babysitter.  Avalon said she was old enough to not have a babysitter and she could babysit but Mom did not trust her and me alone together.  A good friend of Mom and Dad has a Dog babysitting service now that he is retired called "Uncle Donn's Dogcare"  I have seen him out and about when we go for our walks so we already knew him.  He didn't stay all day while Mom and Dad were gone but came over twice and let us out to do our business and played with us and also gave us some special treats he had.   I hope if we need a babysitter again Mom and Dad hire him.  We were treated the next day with a very long walk and swim in the lake since Donn gave us a good report on our behavior.

Next, I want to tell you about a GREAT training adventure and fun trip we had the next day.  We went to the Nebraska Humane Society annual fundraiser.  It was a long drive there so I took a short nap on the way.  Avalon could have gone on this trip since all dogs were welcomed but with the long drive Mom thought she would probably get car sick.  After we got there we walked around the booths - I had a paw print done - along with watching some puppies do tricks in an arena area.  I have never seen any Guide/Service dogs do those kind of commands so I guess that is why they called them tricks.




 We also stopped and talked to a person at a booth that was a "Dog Whisperer"  The person we talked to was signing up people to be able to talk to the whisperer.  Mom put my name in the drawing so I could talk to her but some other puppies name was called.  I really wanted to talk to her - I don't know of too many people who understand puppy talk and I wanted to tell her some things to tell my Mom and Dad.  Maybe we will see her again somewhere and I will get the chance.  It was a FUN time there and I got to meet a lot of different puppies.


 Mom and Dad donated $$ to the Humane Society which help puppies to find forever homes.  

My message to everyone is PLEASE donate to your local

Humane Society 

so puppies and all other special animals can find homes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment