Saturday, July 30, 2016

It is FUN living on a lake !!

I love to swim in the lake.  Almost every day Mom takes Avalon and I on a bike ride around the lake and we always get to stop and take a swim.  I am getting better everyday at swimming and almost can keep up with Avalon except for jumping off of the boat ramp.  One thing I have learned though is not to make a quick stop when we are biking.  Avalon tries to keep me in line but I sometimes ignore her and then things happen that shouldn't.   One time while Mom was picking up our deposits I decided to take off and things really got interesting when the bike kept going and Avalon and I stopped.


I got to go on my first boat ride !!  What FUN it was !!  I have asked Avalon what that thing was on the boat ramp when we were out swimming in the back yard and she told me it was like a car but on water.  She told me she has never gone on a boat ride because she gets car sick and Mom and Dad think she will get boat sick too.  I didn't get boat sick but I did think it would be cool to go swimming out in the middle of the lake.  Mom told me I had to have a life jacket on to do that so we just stayed in the boat.

Last week Miss M and Miss K had special treats for me.  First Miss K came over and brought this funny looking thing that played music.  She played for us a song she said she learned at music camp.  I  thought it sounded wonderful.  I had a hard time sitting still because I wanted to go over and learn to play too.  I heard Mom say "puppies can't play a fiddle - they have paws not fingers".


 Next Miss M and me walked to her Grandma T's house.  I had a luxury bath in their outdoor spa, my paws massaged, my fur styled, teeth cleaned and ears freshened.   I just love to have my ears freshened.  While I was at my outdoor spa Avalon went to her indoor spa.  She looked funny when she came home.  They cut her fur short instead of styling it.   She looks like me now a Lab instead of the Golden she is.

After my spa treatment we went for a walk around the lake and stopped and walked over a thing Miss M called a grate.  I guess while I am in training I have to learn to walk on all kinds of surfaces.  Miss M walked first to show me - I gave her a treat so she would know to give me a treat when I walked over.  We both did a great job.


I go with Mom on some of her errands now as she calls them.  I am not sure if I really like going because they usually are boring and not much fun.  I ask how come Avalon gets to stay home and play and I have to go.  I wish Mom understood puppy talk when I ask but she just doesn't.  However, I think Miss M might understand some words ?  I heard her say it is like learning another language.  She has picked up a few words like Sit, Stay, Down but Come Here is a little challenging.

Last weekend was a busy one for me. I got to spend time with Miss C and Miss M and her family.  First Miss C came to our house with her Mom on Friday.  I was sooooo excited to see Miss C.  She has been busy and I have not gotten to see her for a while.  However, we made up for it with a wonderful afternoon together.   She was a little rusty on her commands but we worked on them then swimming !!  Miss C is in the National Junior Honor Society and gets volunteer credit when we are working together.  I signed her volunteer sheet so hopefully they can read paw writing.

 Sunday was a busy day last weekend too.  First, I went over to Miss M and Grandma T's house for a family BBQ.  It was a little misleading since I didn't get any BBQ but I still had a great time meeting Miss M and Miss K's extended family.  Mom came and got me when their company came over. My two legged sisters were there and I had soo much fun with them and Mom and Dad's other company swimming in the lake.  I think Avalon and I spent most of the day swimming and were so tired that we went to bed early.  I drank a little too much lake water and woke Mom up in the middle of the night needing to go out and hurry up.

Milo - who is older than me but still from KSDS Inc. and also in training to be a Guide/Service Dog came over and we got to go swimming.  Miss M and Grandma T came over in a thing that looked like a small boat but had paddles.  I am not sure if Milo had been swimming before ?  He was a little nervous at first but learned really fast and even jumped off the boat ramp.  I hope he comes over again.  I like him and his Mom.


Mom thought that I was ready to hear some loud and live music so yesterday I got to to go to a concert at Shadow Lake.  The music was loud and the band even sang songs.  Dad came out after he got off work and my Aunt Allison, cousin Zach and Grandma K came too.  We stayed and listened longer than Dad.  He left to go get some dinner for us however, when Mom and I got home I didn't get any.  Only my puppy food.

Lastly, one of the most wonderful things in the world came again this week.  My puppy food from Hill's Science Diet.  They are such nice people and donate my food to my parents and all of the other puppies at KSDS Inc. Guide/Service Dogs.  THANK YOU HILL'S  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment